Call for Workshops
Accepted Workshops: Please click here to view the Accepted workshop
The 14th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA 2017) will be held in in Hammamet, Tunisia.
between 30 Oct till 03 Nov 2017. AICCSA 2017 invites proposals for workshops on specific aspects that complement the conference main tracks in related areas to Computer Systems and Applications. We seek proposals across a wide range of topics and levels — ranging from fundamentals to the latest advances in hot topic areas.
Workshop proposals due: May 1, 2017
Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2017
Workshops Date: November 2, 2017
Workshop Proposals and any related enquiries should be sent be email to the workshop Chairs :
Proposals for workshops should be no more than 2 pages in length and submitted in PDF Format. This should contain the following information.
1. Title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the goals and the technical issues that will be the focus of the workshop.
2. A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest and how it complement the main conference
3. The proposed organising committee and the technical program committee.
4. The workshop submission and processing system
5. Experience of the main organisers in organising similar events previously
6. Contact details of the main organisers
Notes for the Workshop Organisers
Workshop chair(s) will be responsible for the following:
1. Producing a web page and a “Call for Papers/Participation” for their workshop. The URL should be sent to the AICCSA Workshops chairs. It should mention that at least one author of each accepted submission should attend the workshop and that all workshop participants must pay the appropriate registration fee. The CfP should make it clear that the registration of at least one author is required for the paper to be included in the conference proceedings.
2. Ensure that all workshop papers are a maximum of 6 pages in length (in IEEE format). It is the responsibility of the workshop organizers to ensure that this page limit has been adhered to.
3. Taking full responsibility of workshop submission, reviewing process and decisions
4. Selecting the participants and the format of the workshop. The publication of proceedings will be by the IEEE in the same volume as the main conference.
5. Advertising the workshop beyond the conference web page.
6. Assistance in producing a camera-ready version of the workshop proceedings.
7. If the workshop is too small (i.e. does not attract enough submissions) the AICCSA 2017 Organizing Committee may propose to merge that workshop with another. So we encourage workshop organizers to attract a large community. In extreme situations we may also cancel workshops if there are insufficient number of submissions, while we may consider the paper for the main tracks.
8. Workshop organizers must ensure that suitable quality measures have been taken to ensure that the accepted papers are of high quality. All papers must be reviewed by an International Technical Program Committee with a minimum of 3 reviews per paper. The workshop organizers should also try to observe an acceptance rate that is no higher than 50%.
The AICCSA 2017 Conference Organizing Committee will be responsible for the following:
• Providing a link to a workshop’s local page.
• Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the workshop.
• In conjunction with the organizers, determining the workshop date and time.
• Inclusion of the workshop accepted papers into the main proceedings and provide to Participants.